Patio Covers & Pergolas
Patio Covers & Pergolas
Colorado Springs & Monument
Patio covers are the best way to extend the usability of any deck or patio. Colorado’s harsh summer sun often limits how much time we spend outside during daylight, while snow and rain limits usage during the off-season months.
The first goal with any patio cover is to ensure the cover looks like it was built with the house, thus the starting point is determining the type of cover (shed or gable) looks best. Materials like soffit, fascia, and shingles are typically matched to the existing house.
Finishing touches include things like tongue and groove ceilings, stone or stucco columns, exposed beams, lighting, heaters, ceiling fans, and even outdoor kitchens.
Patio covers can be complex. They often include the help of a structural engineer, truss engineer, and even architects. That’s why many outdoor companies shy away from them. We work with engineers and architects on a regular basis and have been building patio covers for more than two decades. Thus, these projects are a comfort for us, especially when combined with other features like decks and outdoor kitchens.
Pergolas are less expensive than patio covers and can provide some shade, but they must be built in layers to catch sunlight. This adds to the cost and makes maintenance a challenge. Pergolas are better served as an aesthetic feature to highlight an area of a deck or patio. With a simplified structure, shade fabrics can be incorporated to provided protection from the sun, and privacy, when needed.
Our Process for Patio Covers and Pergolas
- Complete the Consultation Form or call us at (719) 418-5713
- Discuss your project and budget on the phone
- Set up a time to visit your home
- Provide a preliminary budget
- Sign a Design/Construction contract
Why Stewart Exteriors
- In business since 1999
- One company for all your exterior & interior remodeling needs
- Design Center with product displays
- Professional Design Services, including architecture
- 3-year labor warranty (decks, patio covers, outdoor kitchens)
We have in-house Design/Preconstruction services that include 3D renderings. Our Design/Preconstruction services give us the opportunity to get to know you, your home, examine options, value engineer, and it prepares us for the job ahead. We also maintain relationships with architects for larger more complex jobs.
Why Invest in a Patio Cover or Pergola Project?
- Increased property value
- Outdoor living is healthier for everyone
- Provides additional entertainment options
- Enhance your outdoor cooking experience
- Improve your views of Colorado’s Front Range
- Provide shelter from mother nature
FAQ: What is Outdoor Living?
Outdoor Living is a blanket term that describes exterior remodeling projects that bring some of the comforts and amenities from the indoors to the outdoors. Outdoor living includes features such as patio covers, pergolas, outdoor kitchens, hardscapes (pavers, concrete), fireplaces, firepits, sunrooms, and more.